Analyze common issues and identify practical resolutions when dealing with wills and enduring powers of attorney.
MEET THE FACULTY
Patricia L. Daunais QC | Daunais McKay + Harms | Calgary
John E.S. Poyser | The Wealth and Estate Law Group | Calgary
Peter J. Glowacki | Borden Ladner Gervais LLP | Vancouver
Sandra L. Hawes | Miller Thomson LLP | Edmonton
Jennifer R. Lamb | Carscallen LLP | Calgary
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- Rules for Lapse and Other Failed Gifts
- The Resistant Grantor: Best Practices and Ethical Considerations for Attorneys
- Flawed EPAs and Diminished Clients
- Tricky Sticky Wills and Codicils
- Non-Compliant Wills: When Scribbles on a Napkin May Actually Be a Will
Get answers to key questions, including:
- When is it time for a person to consider granting Power of Attorney?
- Who is the best person to appoint as attorney?
- What issues are at play when a donor is reluctant to grant Power of Attorney?
- Once the EPA is validly in place, can I still take instructions from the donor?
- When should an attorney give instructions?
- When does a litigation guardian supersede an attorney?
View the brochure for program details.